Monday, June 1, 2009

And we're off......

The wedding was beautiful. Claire and Joey looked amazing and threw quite the party. While Cory and I were on the dance floor, Adam played photog and snapped some of pics, I think he knows how to work my camera better than I do. Ma also got a chance to dance with her son.

On Sunday, we spent the day at my Uncle Tom and Aunt MaryAnn’s house. We got the tour and dinner, all for no admission charge, which was a great way to spend day 2 of our vacation. We spent the day sharing family stories and memories and I have to say I learned that my mother liked to sleep late as a kid. Now I know where I get it from, it is genetic.

Once we got directions from Dannielle (thank you for getting us started in the right direction), we began our journey farther west.

We spent the morning reorganizing the car, man can I get a lot of stuff in my trunk, and then we were off to the Hershey Museum, or so I thought. One wrong turn and we ended up at up at Factory Works, and to earn her keep I put Ma to work boxing Kisses.














Across the street was the Botanical Gardens and it was a beautiful walk. We stopped by and saw some butterflies and took time to smell the roses before heading to lunch. We stopped at a diner type restaurant. Ma loves the décor and had a “fantastic” lunch.
Then across I-76 which is a beautiful drive. I never knew that you drove THROUGH the mountains – I always thought you went up and over or around. They don’t let me get out too much I guess. It was cool and we went through 4 I think. We also took a road less traveled – I think it was called Laurel Scenic Byway. The mountains and the sunset were amazing and we even had a little nature experience with a deer and a bunny. And no animals or humans were harmed during the experience.

Thanks for all of the suggestions – and other than west, we are driving until we get tired or see something interesting.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are off to a good start! What a beautiful picture of you and Ma. That is definitely a picture to frame so you can always cherish that wonderful memory. We miss you here Kimmy and look forward to hearing more about your travels. Kelly is keeping your seat warm for you. Drive safe and be well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny, out of all the dancing photos, you posted one with Adam in it and not yourself (I think he danced all of 2 songs)

    Claire & Joe's wedding was great, and I love that we have the rolling wheelchair on film!

    The picture of Ma in the factory is priceless, maybe on your way back, we can get her a job. :-)

    I love the picture of the two of you at the gardens, and am glad that you got to get a few extra things into your day.

    We are looking forward to hearing about your journey, and I'll see you in a week!

    Until then, live it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I love reading your blog! Ma looks so cool in the convertible! And I am so glad you were here!!! We feel more like part of it all!

    ReplyDelete